We have all been there – desperately wanting to see a video and all we get is the devastating ‘This video is not available in your country’ message by YouTube. As you probably guess, this happens because of your geographical location that is obviously prohibited from accessing the particular video on YouTube. Whether it is by the orders of the government or the private user himself, your ISPs is blocked to access particular videos – hence the revolting message appears.
But is there a way to fix this, and be finally able to watch all videos regardless of your geographical location?
There is, and it is commonly known as ‘this video is not available in our country’ error fix for YouTube.
Today, we are sharing it exclusively with you. In fact, we are listing five ways to fix ‘Video not available in your country’ YouTube error, so that you can pick the one you like most.
Easy Ways To Fix ‘This Video Is Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error:
#1 – Use Hola Extension To Fix ‘Video Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error
IF you haven’t heard of Hola (which you certainly haven’t), it is an extension that changes your IP location for free and therefore mimics YouTube’s geo-tagging and solves the problem. The best part is that it can be downloaded for both Chrome and Firefox as an extension.
Below are the steps to put it into practice:
- Make sure you have downloaded the Hola Extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- Get ready to face the error and fix ‘this video is not available in your country.’
- Open the URL of the video you are unable to access
- Click on the Hola Extension which is located right next to the Bookmarks bar
- Choose a different country flag from yours (ex. United States) and reload the page to be able to see the video finally
Hola is free and lets you watch restricted country videos directly from your browser.
#2 – Use VPN To Fix ‘Video Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error
Also known as a Virtual Private Network, a VPN is one of the best ways to fix ‘This video is not available in your country’ YouTube error and start watching every video. What this system does is change the location of VPN from your settings according to your location.
Now, there are some different VPN services out there for various platforms, but we recommend the following ways to mask your location:
#3 – Watch Restricted Video To Fix ‘Video Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error
This way lets you directly watch blocked videos on YouTube by only swapping a line in the domain URL with a simple phrase.
- If the video you cannot see has a URL like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5743465, remove the watch?v= Part of your browser and replace it with /v/.
- Your YouTube domain video URL will look like this – example http://www.youtube.com/v/5743465
- You get to watch the video even if it is blocked in your country!
#4 – Unblock The YouTube Restricted Videos With ProxMate and Proxies To Fix ‘Video Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error
Since YouTube uses your IP address to determine the country you are living it and eventually prevent access to the video you like, you can hide your real IP on the internet using a proxy service. Some of the best proxies to hide your IP address include HideMyAss as the real leader out there, but also the Chrome extension named Proxmate.
Fixing the ‘This video is not available in your country’ error on YouTube with proxy sites is quite easy. All you need to do is point your browser to the proxy sites and enter the desired YouTube URL that you want to be able to play.
#5 – Download, The YouTube Video, To Fix ‘Video Not Available In Your Country’ YouTube Error
Downloading the YouTube video as a file on your computer or mobile device is another great way to bypass the YouTube area restriction and be able to watch your video. The good thing is that you will have the video on your device for future use only or to show it to your friends even without an Internet connection.
But how to download a YouTube video that is restricted?
- If the video you cannot see has a URL like http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=5743465, Remove the http://www. Part of your browser and replace it with ss.
- The new domain should look like this – com/watch?5743465
- Once the site is loaded, click on the download button according to your choice based on the video quality.
IF for some reason you find the method mentioned above too complicated, you can always download YouTube videos directly on your device thanks to these websites: Clip converter, KeepVid, and video grabby.
Congratulations – you successfully tricked YouTube in believing that you are accessing from another location and can now play your favorite videos without worrying about anything. We are sure that every single one of these ways helped you do that – but you obviously have a favorite one you will always use.
And just in case some of them doesn’t work in a year or two, you have a set of others to refer to. Amazing, isn’t it?